Wowza Community

How to time out VOD connections?

Hi,

The last few days I’ve setup some graphs of Wowza connection info.

It seems that the active connections to our VOD content are a lot higher than might be expected. After some investigation I found the serverinfo HTTPProvider, which reveals that there are clients which have been connected for weeks.

Are there any mechanisms for timing out or disconnecting clients which have been connected for more than, say, a few hours?

Thanks,

Danial

Hi,

Which Wowza version are you using? There was a similar issue that was fixed in the Wowza later releases. Can you upgrade your Wowza Streaming Engine version to the latest release and check if you have the same problem?

In the “Latest Production Build” forum article you can find instructions on how to downlaod and upgrade your server to the latest version.

Zoran

Hi,

You will likely find the following article useful as this allows you to specify how long a client can stay connected before they are kicked.

How to disconnect connected clients after a specified time period (ModuleTimedDisconnect)

Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the Wowza Module Collection as a fix was added for the ModuleTimedDisconnect in build 13212.

The build number can be found in the version.txt file which is included in the download as are the configuration details.

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you’re having any issues.

Regards,

Jason

Yes, I forgot to mention that I’m running version 4.1.1.

I don’t see anything regarding this issue in the 4.1.2 Release Notes, although I’m planning to upgrade.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that content (audio and video) is played from a website using Flowplayer (flowplayer.commercial-3.2.16.swf).

/ Danial

Thank you for this.

I’ve installed and configured the module and am now crossing my fingers.

/ Danial