Wowza Community

Pre-roll video without stream publisher and after the end of live stream

Hi,

we are using ModuleLoopUntilLive for pre-roll video, but we have two problems with it:

1. Is there any way how to use it without stream publisher (ServerListenerStreamPublisher)? I was trying to use mediacaster liverepeater, which was connect to VOD file stream, but it doesn’t work.

2. Now we are using stream publisher and it works but when live stream ends, pre-roll video doesn’t start playing again. We want to start playing pre-roll video again after live stream end. How to do it?

We have Wowza 4.1.2 and JW Player 6.12 as player.

Hi,

They way you describe it is how it should work. Did you try to set the playlist in the schedule to repeat=“true” ?

It should loop around if that is the case.

Daren

This is my streamschedule.smil file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

My problem was with loopUntilLiveOutputStreams configuration.

loopUntilLiveSourceStreams - input (source) live stream name - have to be different from output live stream name!

loopUntilLiveOutputStreams - there should be output live stream name used in player - have to be same as stream name defined in streamschedule.smil file

How it works:

If you start playing live stream rss in player, StreamPublisher starts pre-roll live stream rss (defined in loopUntilLiveOutputStreams and streamschedule.smil file).

When input live stream rss-source starts, wowza switch internally live stream to rss-source (defined in loopUntilLiveSourceStreams).

When input live stream ends, wowza switch internally back to rss live stream pubslihed by StreamPublisher.