Wowza Community

Streaming Engine Manager Web Interface Broken

Hi all,

I was running Wowza version 4.0.1 but accidentally updated it to the latest version of 4.1.2 with the full Debian package in Ubuntu. What is happening now is that the login for the web interface comes up and most of the time I cannot log in. Sometimes, I can log in but then the web interface doesn’t load properly and i eventually get the error: "Sorry there was an error getting to (SB_Applications.html):

:404"

I’ve gone back and removed both Wowza installations, removing all Wowza directories under /usr/local/ and tried reinstalling 4.1.2 only but I get the same problem.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

Hi,

Can you ensure that any packages are fully removed from your package management system. This is assuming you installed the dpkg version. Run the following:

apt-cache search WowzaStreamingEngine

If it returns any entries, e.g.

# apt-cache search WowzaStreamingEngine
wowzastreamingengine-4.1.2 - Wowza Streaming Engine
wowzastreamingengine-4.1.1 - Wowza Streaming Engine

then make sure any instance is stopped and try removing them using dpkg like so:

dpkg --purge wowzastreamingengine-4.1.1
dpkg --purge wowzastreamingengine-4.1.2

“Purge” will remove any lingering conf files etc as well as the core stuff.

Paul

Great news. Thanks for the update.

Paul

Hi,

Can you ensure that any packages are fully removed from your package management system. This is assuming you installed the dpkg version. Run the following:

apt-cache search WowzaStreamingEngine

If it returns any entries, e.g.

# apt-cache search WowzaStreamingEngine
wowzastreamingengine-4.1.2 - Wowza Streaming Engine
wowzastreamingengine-4.1.1 - Wowza Streaming Engine

then make sure any instance is stopped and try removing them using dpkg like so:

dpkg --purge wowzastreamingengine-4.1.1
dpkg --purge wowzastreamingengine-4.1.2

“Purge” will remove any lingering conf files etc as well as the core stuff.

Paul

That’s worked! There was a running instance of 4.1.2 which I removed and then un-installed it and installing it again has fixed the problem.

Thanks!