Wowza Community

Total Unique Users statistic after stream stopped

How we can view total unique users for a stream after stopping stream?

We can view total unique users in stream overview window when stream or transcoder is active, but after stopping stream we lose this information and have no history for finished event.

In the notes of user guide stated, that “Unique Users reflects a delay of up to two days”. Our live event is only 2 hours. In this case according manual we shall not stop stream and transcoder for next two days to have real Unique Users statistic. It will cost as 2 days processing instead of 2 hours. Even if we will leave stream idle it will be stopped automatically.

Petras,

Currently, with the “Total Unique Users”, the total number of viewers that have accessed the stream via the Wowza Streaming Cloud player or Wowza Streaming Cloud–hosted page, accumulates for the lifetime of the stream.

For example:

You create a new Live Stream named: Demo

Day 1: you see 25 unique users. Total Unique Users = 25

Day 2: you see 50 unique users. Total Unique Users = 75

Day 3: you see 100 unique users. Total Unique Users = 175

The note regarding the “Unique Users reflects a delay of up to two days” has to do with the analytics returning data for the dashboard information (graphs, etc).

I will send a note to the documentation team to clarify this note in the User’s Guide.

Regards,

Mac

Mac,

Very important to know if I have to leave the active channel for 2 days in order to view the accesses.

I read your guide but I have not found if you can have the log files, having realized my website for my clients that use Wowza engine and I wanted to see on a single portal all the statistics.

Regards

Gresio

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I get 0 unique users displayed.

I have already submitted a ticket.

Regards,

Andreas.

If you stop the stream you will see the Total Unique Users in the panel. The number is cumulative, as illustrated in the example given previously in this thread.

Once your event is complete simply stop the stream. You do not need to leave the channel active to see the Total Unique Users.

Regarding Log files, you can view and download log files in your account. The information is outlined in the Wowza Streaming Cloud User’s Guide on page 55.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mac

Petras,

To clarify, the Total Unique Users statistics will only reflect the Wowza Cloud hosted and embedded player connections. The HLS and HDS links to your personal player are not available yet. Can you explain your player setup?

Mac

Mac,

Please explain what happens if we stop stream and start it again.

Will we see “Total Unique Users” after stopping stream? If we start same stream again, will number of users accumulate or restart?

Regards,

Petras

Mac,

We still have problems with Total Unique Users statistics.

Please explain how shall we understand Total Unique Users number for our event. Number we see is wrong:

For our stream “Renginys 2” Total Unique Users show number 1. Event duration was about 3 hours. Renginys 2 / Stream Target GB Used 295.79 GB. Maximum 10 minutes average 51 GB. Outbound Bitrate: Configured 6056.0 Kbps.

For another stream “Renginys1” Total Unique Users show number 0.

Also please explain how shall we understand Total Unique Hits on Players for All Live Streams (Last 30 Days). Maximum show 14, but at same time as Total Network Usage (Last 30 Days) show over 256 GiB.

I already two days cant submit a ticket to your technical support team. Online ticket system gives error “There was an error processing your request. Please go back and try again”. Mail to support@wowza.com returns with error “Relay access denied”.

Regards

Petras