Wowza Community

ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2 doesnt work with the current version of Wowza ??

I tried to implement authentication use the following post :

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-do-file-based-rtmp-authentication-with-url-query-strings-onconnectauthenticate2

The problem is that even when I do not enter the username and password in the URL , my client STILL CAN CONNECT to the application.

I have already restarted the application several times but the problems still occured. I checked on the module list and I saw this line : moduleOnConnectAuthenticate Authenticates RTMP in Flash. com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2

Does this module still work with the newest version of Wowza ( I am using the Developer License) ?? My client still can connect to the application even when I do not enter the username and password or put wrong username and password in it.

Please tell me how to resolve this. Thanks.

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

Please work through this guide, as it sounds like you have not properly configured the module:

How to do file-based authentication with RTMP client and credentials in querystring of the RTMP URL (ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2) Edit

Please let us know if you are still having trouble after you followed the guide correctly.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Hi,

This will now be handled in the created ticket (130336).

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

This module is still compatible with the latest version of Wowza. Please do send a support request to support@wowza.com from an email account with valid entitlement so that we can further investigate the issue on your configuration.

Kindly include:

1. A zip file of the [install-dir]/conf

2. A zip file of the [install-dir]/logs

3. A link to this thread for reference

Michelle

The link I gave is the same as the link you gave. I restarted and also checked on the modules list (as I mentioned above). I also open Incoming Security > RTMP Publishing > Require Password Authentication .

In the Modules list of my application, I also saw moduleOnConnectAuthenticate Authenticates RTMP in Flash. com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2

I also restarted the application. I followed every step of the guide. Only for the usernamePasswordProviderClass, I do not set because I don’t use it.

What makes you think I did not follow the guide correctly ??

Please tell me how to solve this. Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply - it is because you replied 8 days after my last reply so I did not know.

I sent an email with the information you require to support@wowza.com . Thank you. I am looking forward to your reply.

sorry the email display was a bit mess up:

Instead of

In the Modules section, I have this line

moduleOnConnectAuthenticate

In the Properties, Custom Properties I have this line :

Authenticates RTMP in Flash. com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2

/Root/Application rtmpAuthenticateFile String ${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/conf/connect.password

It should be

In the Modules section, I have this line

moduleOnConnectAuthenticate Authenticates RTMP in Flash. com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2

In the Properties, Custom Properties I have this line :

/Root/Application rtmpAuthenticateFile String ${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/conf/connect.password