Wowza Community

Why the Add Application button is missing?

Hi all,

i’m new to Wowza and I’m following the beginner guide for add an application to record video from the Wowza Stream Engine Manager.

I’ve installed the 4.1.2 (build 13947) version and I’m able to log in to the manager.

I can’t add a new application, because the button is missing. I opened also the inspector to see if the button is in display none, but nothing.

Where am I wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

At the top of the Wowza Engine Manager page you should see 4 tabs, “Home” “Server” “Applications” and “Help”

If you click on the “Applications” tab you will be taken to a new page with a list of your current applications in the left sidebar, and a menu of the different Live and VOD applications you can create new instances of. For starters you can click on the center menu and choose “Live” or “VOD” which will prompt a dialog for adding a new application.

I hope this helps in some way. Please let us know if this is not the solution to your problem.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

You may need to enable access to the advanced administrative settings:

Enable access to advanced administrative settings

If you notice in the “Users” page that you do not have admin access you will need to edit the /conf/admin.password file. It should look like this:

# Admin password file (format [username][space][password][space][group]|[group])
#username password group|group
username password admin|advUser

Regards,

Salvadore

Wonderful!! Happy to help and glad you got this sorted.

Best,

Salvadore

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

At the top of the Wowza Engine Manager page you should see 4 tabs, “Home” “Server” “Applications” and “Help”

If you click on the “Applications” tab you will be taken to a new page with a list of your current applications in the left sidebar, and a menu of the different Live and VOD applications you can create new instances of. For starters you can click on the center menu and choose “Live” or “VOD” which will prompt a dialog for adding a new application.

I hope this helps in some way. Please let us know if this is not the solution to your problem.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

thanks your answer.

Unfortunately I can’t find any button. I post some screenshot. I noticed too that I haven’t the edit button in Incoming Security.

Maybe my installation is corrupted?

Thank you

Hi, thank you!!

You were totally right!

See you soon to the next thread :wink: