Wowza Community

Record only non-transcoded source stream

Hi!

I have transcoder-addon which makes me 4 streams and have one source rtmp-livestream. Function “record all” is turned on. So I recieve 5 recorded streams.

I’d like to record only original input stream. How can I do it?

Do I need to compile livestreamrecord module?

Thank you!

Hello r2r200,

It is possible to only record a single stream. If you look at the “Incoming Streams” section under your current “Application”, you will see the source stream and all the transcoded streams listed individually on this page. Simply click on the red record button next to the stream name that you’d like to save.

You may find the following article helpful.

Best regards,

Andrew

Andrew, thank you for your answer.

Recording must start automatically. Do I have to compile module?

Hi r2r200,

You can set a stream to start recording automatically. This functionality is built-in to Streaming Engine. In your Manager, select the application, and then in the Setup tab, enable Record all incoming streams. You would not need to build a custom module for it, unless you require to additional features.

Michelle

If I enable “Record all incoming streams” Wowza will record every stream including transcoded. But I need to save only one non-transcoded stream

I think it’s important to be able to do this in a simpler way using the manager, a check box option could be great to enable record only for the source, not transcoded streams. Looking to do this more simple I’m thinking to put Nginx RTMP in front of Wowza with FFMPEG to record the source using only 2 lines with instructions, it’s very sad to not be able to do that only using Wowza with that simplicity.

Hi,

You can create a custom Wowza module that would contol which published streams are being recorded. Please take a look at the “How to start and stop live stream recordings programmatically (IMediaStreamActionNotify3)” forum article for some sample code that can help you create that module.

Zoran

Hi,

Thank you for that feedback. I shall raise this as a feature request, though I can’t say if or when it would be implemented.

Regards,

Paul

Hi r2r200,

Recording must start automatically. Do I have to compile module?

You can set a stream to start recording automatically. This functionality is built-in to Streaming Engine. In your Manager, select the application, and then in the Setup tab, enable Record all incoming streams. You would not need to build a custom module for it, unless you require to additional features.

Michelle

With respect to the above mentioned module RE: “How to start and stop live recordings programmatically (IMediaStreamActionNotify3)”, you only need a couple of extra lines to only record the source incoming stream:

public void onPublish(IMediaStream stream, String streamName, boolean isRecord, boolean isAppend)

{

System.out.println(“onPublish[” + stream.getContextStr() + “]: streamName:” + streamName + " isRecord:" + isRecord + " isAppend:" + isAppend);

if(stream.isTranscodeResult())

return;

Thanks for sharing that with the community @Robert Reinhardt.

I’ll share it with Engine team.

I’m interested in this also and doesn’t look like there was a simple and viable solution.

It appears there are three options - record all automatically, manually record precisely or record nothing. The interest is in a single record that that one could define and it has to be automatic. It would be great if you could turn off record all incoming streams and in specific presets - set it to automatically record. That way one could control exactly the encodes they wanted precisely and automatically

I’m interested in this also and doesn’t look like there was a truly simple one-click solution.

It appears there are three options - record all automatically, manually record precisely or record nothing. The interest is in a single record that that one could define and it has to be automatic. It would be great if you could turn off record all incoming streams and in specific presets - set it to automatically record. That way one could control exactly the encodes they wanted precisely and automatically

Hi Reid,

Check out our LiveStreamRecordAutoRecord module. This allows you to choose which streams to record.

Regards,

Paul