Wowza Community

Naming convention for "record all incoming streams" question

Hi, sorry if this has been covered, I’ve searched the forums and could not find a direct answer to my question.

We currently have a live application that can record up to 8 RTMP streams at once, and using the “Record All Incoming Streams” function via the Application Setup page.

All is working well, however, when the file is output, it doesn’t have the naming convention of a file that’s recorded by manually pressing the record button on the “incoming streams” page.

The naming convention it gives us is "(streamname.mp4) any versions just have an appended number at the end ie; (streamname_0.mp4) etc.

We’d like it to at least provide the same naming convention as a manually recorded file - (streamname_2015_04_17-12.16.36.923-PDT_0.mp4)

or (2015_04_17_12.16.36-PDT_streamname.mp4)

Is this expected behavior from using “Record all incoming streams” from the App setup page?

Any workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

Vince

Hi vincev,

To change the naming convention for the “Record All Incoming Streams” feature, you would need to set up the StreamRecorder Defaults properties for that application. In order to do so, make sure you have Advanced Settings enabled for your user account.

• Select the application you need to configure.
  • Select Properties tab.
  • Select StreamRecorder Defaults.
  • Edit the streamRecorderOutputFile and use template strings.

create a custom Wowza module which can use the ILiveStreamRecordFileVersionDelegate, as discussed in this thread.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

Hi,

I corrected my post above. There is currently a backlog entry to allow custom configuration for this from the Manager UI. At this time, you would have to create a custom code or use HTTP Live stream record. You can check this thread for more information.

Michelle

That’s great to hear! Thanks for updating us.

Michelle

Hi vincev,

To change the naming convention for the “Record All Incoming Streams” feature, you would need to set up the StreamRecorder Defaults properties for that application. In order to do so, make sure you have Advanced Settings enabled for your user account.

• Select the application you need to configure.

• Select Properties tab.

• Select StreamRecorder Defaults.

• Edit the streamRecorderOutputFile and use template strings.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

Thanks Michelle.

Unfortunately this doesn’t work for us.

I’ll try to make some more sense of it.

I’m able to get the date/time stamp to work perfectly fine when I open the Incoming Streams page and click record on a stream. Shows up perfect.

However, this is a manual process and we need it to work the same way with the “record all incoming streams” feature from the Application page.

From what I’v read, the naming is different for the two features. From “record all incoming streams” it only saves with (streamname.mp4,) and there aren’t any other options in the GUI.

I did try to add a template string under the StreamRecorder defaults but again this only changed when I manually recorded from “incoming streams”. So I ended up with two recordings, each with different naming conventions.

“Notes” on Application page -

Notes:

If you enable the Record all incoming streams option for this application and configure the Incoming Streams feature for this application to also record an incoming stream, two or more copies of the recording will be created. The file name of the recording created by the Record all incoming streams option is the same as the stream name. The Incoming Streams feature creates one or more recordings with file names that include the stream name and other information, depending on selected segmentation and versioning options.

Do you think this is expected with the Record All incoming streams feature?

Is there a custom property that can be added in the app xml to change it to work the same way as the manual recording?

Thanks again!

We actually did get some custom code and all is working as needed.

Thanks again for the help!