Wowza Community

Lack of query string in transcoder streams

Hello

I wrote a module that determines which streams are recorded based on stream’s name and query string. Recently I’ve discovered that transcoder’s streams doesn’t have query string that original/source stream has and are recorded regardlessly. How can I control recording process that’s based on stream’s name and query string? Am I able to get to original/source stream object, and get query string, from transcoder’s IMediaStream object? Or is there another solution?

Hi,

[this is being handled in support ticket #125918]

Since the query string is available for the published stream, and the Transcoder addon is generating new streams that are being published on the Wowza server, the query string passed for the initial stream is not being carried on.

The feature of carrying on the query string passed to the initial stream, to the transcoded streams as well is not currently supported. I will forward this workflow to our product management team to take it into account for a future Wowza release. I don’t have any time frame on when or if this feature will be supported in the future.

Zoran

Since the query string is available for the published stream, and the Transcoder addon is generating new streams that are being published on the Wowza server, the query string passed for the initial stream is not being carried on.

The feature of carrying on the query string passed to the initial stream, to the transcoded streams as well is not currently supported. I will forward this workflow to our product management team to take it into account for a future Wowza release. I don’t have any time frame on when or if this feature will be supported in the future.

Hi Zoran

Thanks for your help.

One more thing: Am I able to get to the source/original IMediaStream object in

public void onPublish(IMediaStream [B]stream[/B], String streamName, boolean isRecord, boolean isAppend)

method, from stream object, where stream is a transcoder stream? Something like getParentStream?

Hello,

Do you have any update on this?

Alternatively, is there any way to detect the original stream, or pass any parameters to the transcoder so they can be accessed and used to identify the transcoder stream?

Thank you,

Bogdan

Hello,

I ended up in doing 2 things:

• Controling recording via LiveStreamRecordManager class:

appInstance.getVHost().getLiveStreamRecordManager().startRecording(appInstance, streamName, new StreamRecorderParameters(appInstance))

• Identifying the transcoder stream via

boolean IMediaStream.isTranscodeResult()

method

Hello,

Do you have any update on this?

Alternatively, is there any way to detect the original stream, or pass any parameters to the transcoder so they can be accessed and used to identify the transcoder stream?

Thank you,

Bogdan