Thread: Live ABR RTMP Push to Akamai Not Working

Default Live ABR RTMP Push to Akamai Not Working

I'm pushing a single bitrate RTMP live stream from a TriCaster to Wowza 4.1.2. I can see it on Wowza just fine. I set up the default transrate template to transrate to multiple bitrates. I can see all these on Wowza too (using the test players).

Here's what I see under Incoming Streams:

teststreamt01_160p
    local (Transcoder) Active

teststreamt01_240p

teststreamt01_360p

teststreamt01_360pm

teststreamt01_480p

teststreamt01_576p

teststreamt01_720p

teststreamt01_source

I added the following to PushPublishMap.txt:

teststreamt01_160p={profile:"rtmp-akamai", streamName:"teststreamuhdst01_1_250", akamai.streamId:######, userName:"@@@@@@@", password:"******", adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}
    teststreamt01_240p={profile:"rtmp-akamai", streamName:"teststreamuhdst01_1_410", akamai.streamId:######, userName:"@@@@@@@", password:"******", adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}
    teststreamt01_360pm={profile:"rtmp-akamai", streamName:"teststreamuhdst01_1_710", akamai.streamId:######, userName:"@@@@@@@", password:"******", adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}
    teststreamt01_360p={profile:"rtmp-akamai", streamName:"teststreamuhdst01_1_1010", akamai.streamId:######, userName:"@@@@@@@", password:"******", adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}
    teststreamt01_480p={profile:"rtmp-akamai", streamName:"teststreamuhdst01_1_1390", akamai.streamId:######, userName:"@@@@@@@", password:"******", adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}
    teststreamt01_576p={profile:"rtmp-akamai", streamName:"teststreamuhdst01_1_2140", akamai.streamId:######, userName:"@@@@@@@", password:"******", adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}
    teststreamt01_720p={profile:"rtmp-akamai", streamName:"teststreamuhdst01_1_2780", akamai.streamId:######, userName:"@@@@@@@", password:"******", adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}
    But the streams aren't getting to Akamai. I talked to their support and they see no activity on the entry point. I've tried primary and backup entry points.

I tried another encoder going straight to Akamai and it worked fine. So it's not a problem with the entry point. I must not have something right on Wowza.

Can anyone see anything I messed up? Or have any suggestions on something to try?

I'm on-site now with a client so any help would greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Shane Higgins

Nevermind! I found my problem. I forgot to enable the PushPublish module. DOH!

Working like a charm now.