Thread: Missing Ping Error Message

Default Missing Ping Error Message

Hello

Im using Xsplit to stream and on the logs im getting this error:

"WARN server comment - Missing function: Ping"

I have Wowza on 2 servers and it did the exact same on both?

Can anyone help, It was working fine yesterday but today it doesn't?

Also i haven't installed any 3rd Party applications or anything like that so seems very very weird indeed.

The "Missing function: [function-name]" error in Wowza is usually the result of a Flash application doing NetConnection.call([function-name]) where [function-name] does not exist.

If you using any custom modules or Wowza modules, or an application that came with .jar files, the .jar files should be added to Wowza lib folder, and the module added to the Module section in Application.xml. Restarting Wowza is necessary after adding jar files.

If the problem persists, I would recommend you open a ticket with the support team to figure this out.

To do so please zip the following folders and send them to support@wowza.com. Also please include a link to this thread as a reference.
    [install-dir]/conf
    [install-dir]/logs
    [install-dir]/transcoder
    [install-dir]/manager/logs

Kind regards,

Salvadore

I havent installed any flash applications at all.
    As i said it was working wednesday and then yesterday i started getting that error message.

I use Xsplit could this be the problem?

In that case please follow the directions above to open a ticket with the support team.

Salvadore

I also encountered a similar situation, who can help me?
    Thank you!

rungkaka165,

The "Missing function: [function-name]" error in Wowza is usually the result of a Flash application doing NetConnection.call([function-name]) where [function-name] does not exist.

If you using any custom modules or Wowza modules, or an application that came with .jar files, the .jar files should be added to Wowza lib folder, and the module added to the Module section in Application.xml. Restarting Wowza is necessary after adding jar files.

If the problem persists, I would recommend you open a ticket with the support team to figure this out.

To do so please zip the following folders and send them to support@wowza.com. Also please include a link to this thread as a reference.
    [install-dir]/conf
    [install-dir]/logs
    [install-dir]/transcoder
    [install-dir]/manager/logs

Kind regards,

Salvadore