Wowza Community

Publishing stream problem

Hello,

I’m new using wowza streaming engine but so far I’ve managed to stream my live video feed via LAN - I was able to stream it to wowza streaming live engine with FMLE and then play it back in another computer with VLC.

What I need to do now and I don’t know how is to play my live stream video in another computer in another network. So basically I just want to make my livestream public and let other people watch it!

I’ve tried copying the URL that I used in the VLC : rtsp://172.24.151.225:1935/live/myStream and play it with the wowza players but it doesn’t play my video and I get an error. I even tried with the mobile links and nothing. :confused:

I believe this has to be something really simple but I’ve been looking around everywhere and I can’t find anything :frowning:

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi,

It sounds like you may need to port forward TCP port 1935 (in your router) to the computer running Wowza. Or on your network you need to map port 1935 to the server running Wowza.

A simple test would be to connect to the server remotely(outside of your network)

If you enter [wowza-ip]:1935 in a browser remotely, it should display Wowza version and build numbers. If not port forwarding is in order.

And use a public IP in the player instead of a private IP . If you don’t know what it is, you can see it here: http://www.dnsstuff.com

This is a helpful resource:

http://portforward.com/

Kind regards,

Salvadore

The configuration you have is a private network. In order to be able to view the streams from outside of the private network, either the server must have a public ip address or you will need to forward the streaming ports from your public facing router (the router that connects your network to the internet) to the server running Wowza Streaming Engine.

How you do this depends on the router and you will have to refer to it’s documentation.

If the server already has a public ip address then it could just be that Wowza Streaming Engine is displaying the ip address of the first network adaptor that it detects which in this case is the private network adaptor.

If you are using a default installation (haven’t specifically set ip addresses) then you should just be able to change the ip address in the encoders and players to the public ip address of your server.

Salvadore

Thanks for your answer Salvadore.

I don’t understand why and how should I get a public IP address? shouldn’t I copy the addresses/IP given by wowza? Shouldn’t wowza have some sort of easier way to publish the stream other than allowing viewers manually? (which the way I see it is kinda what you’re saying)

the wowza-ip you mentioned above, where can I find this? I thought this was the 172.24.151.225 given by wowza. Should I just change the IP here: rtsp://172.24.151.225:1935/live/myStream to my public IP? Will that work?

I bet this has some easy resolution but I really don’t get it!:confused:

Thanks in advance!:slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer again!

I did the port forwarding now for the 1935 port and when I try to connect it remotely it doesn’t allow me but through LAN it works.

Also, I do not have a public ip address of my server (or at least if wowza has it I don’t know where). I thought wowza worked as a server (public one). Am I wrong? I’m really confused now:confused:

Sorry for all the questions but I’m a bit stuck here:(

Thanks again:)