Wowza Community

Few questions about Live HTTP Origin

Hi all!

So I would go and play with this on our server to learn how it all works but the panel is not creating applications for some reason, and that the server is in use I am not allowed to try and fix it.

What I would like to know is how one gets the streamed content from Wowza’s Live HTTP Origin application to something like S3 or and Nginx cache environment.

We don’t use Amazon’s S3 but a system that supports the protocol.

I have looked through the documentation but only seen references to it and not the actual this is how it is done.

Am I looking in the wrong place or lost the plot?

I also see that tracking viewers using HTTP caching is not available.

Would that have to be custom coded on the S3 side to track that?

Thanks

Jack,

Hi Jack,

Here is an article on How to configure a Wowza server as an HTTP caching origin. You may have also seen this article already, which provides an overview of Live HTTP Origin applications in Wowza Streaming Engine.

I also see that tracking viewers using HTTP caching is not available.

Would that have to be custom coded on the S3 side to track that?

Yes, you would need to integrate a third-party module/function to track statistics on your viewers, such as Google Analytics on your web page.

Hopefully this answered your question!

Michelle

I don’t see how to get it working with S3 though. Is there no documentation on this?

Thanks!

S3 as in pure object storage.

Not Cloudfront. We don’t use Amazon AWS.

Hi,

When you refer to S3 caching, do you mean CloudFront? If so, the linked article should point you towards how to integrate it with Wowza Streaming Engine.

Michelle