Wowza Community

Record HLS Packet and Upload to S3 each time.

Hi,

Is it possible to save the segments that are served for Cupertino mode?

Record HLS Packets | Wowza Support

I want to upload HLS files to S3 for providing HLS streaming from S3 like DVR in real time, How to configure it?

Thanks

Hello,

The HLS segments are generated in the memory allocated for the Wowza process and are not stored physically on the local disk.

However, as an option, I think you can use CURL or WGET to request the .m3u8 descriptor files and .ts media chunks form Wowza and save them locally. Once these chunks are stored locally, you can move them to your desired location.

Zoran

Hi,

Yes, you can record an incoming stream, but the resulting file will be an .mp4 file and not Apple HLS formatted .ts chunks.

Please take a look at the following forum article describing how to record incoming streams:

How to record live streams (Wowza Streaming Engine)

How to set up live video recording

Zoran

Thanks, Zoran

I got it.

By the way, is it possible to hook event of transcoding in application?

I want to complete all the work only in the application without HTTP request, if possible.

Thanks

Hi Ryota, Were you able to solve this? I have a similar problem which I am trying to solve.

@Zoran, Is there any transcoding event which we can hook up in the Java API, to handle few things programmatically?

What are you looking to do.everything that can be done manually.,… can be automated. You can coder that in any language external to wowza.

Just a heads up that posts over 7 years old are going to be soon deleted to improve the user experience. We will keep posts going back to Engine 4.1.2 since people still use that version and we still support it.

Hi.
And wouldn’t a better solution be to leave everything (note!) without the ability to write with entries older than 7 years?
There is a lot of interesting content there.
Not everyone uses the latest versions.
We used to update as soon as possible… now - no.
We use a certain version, proven in action. Seamless - for us.
Of course, we keep track of new versions.