Wowza Community

GoCoder connection to a remote Wowza Streaming Engine?

Hi,

I am based in the middle east, and I use Wirecast for our internal TV. I have also just installed Wowza Streaming Engine in the same machine.

We have an office in the US. They will interview someone with Wowza GoCoder, and I would like to get the feed in Wirecast, to stream it to the other offices around the globe. Same LAN / Subnet is not possible, so it must work over LTE cell connection I guess.

The Wowza Streaming Engine only gives me a 192… number, which is for the local network, so I am a bit stuck. How do I connect via mobile to a remote Wowza Streaming Engine? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Robs

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

It sounds like you may need to port forward TCP port 1935 (in your router) to the computer running Wowza. Or on your network you need to map port 1935 to the server running Wowza.

A simple test would be to connect to the server remotely(outside of your network)

If you enter [wowza-ip]:1935 in a browser remotely, it should display Wowza version and build numbers. If not port forwarding is in order.

And use a public/external IP in the player instead of private. If you don’t know what it is, you can see it here: http://www.dnsstuff.com

This is a helpful resource:

http://portforward.com/

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Thanks Salvadore,

We have now managed to connect the mobile to the Wowza server, so at least, the camera feed is displayed in the Stream Engine Manager.

Nevertheless, I am stuck in the second step now.

I need to get the feed from Wowza, and broadcast it to Wirecast. I have seen many articles about the other way around, but none about displaying a shot in Wirecast of the feed broadcasted by Wowza. How do I do this? Would you mind giving me some tips?

Thanks.

Robs

I don’t have Wirecast at the moment to check, but I think Wirecast should be able to pull a RTMP stream. If you managed to play the RTMP stream in Wowza test player, you can get that same link and configure it as a source in Wirecast. The link may contain “localhost” or a private IP address, which should be swapped for a public IP/hostname of Wowza server when configuring in Wirecast.

Let us know how it goes…