Thread: Problem RTMP Stream with no audio

Default Problem RTMP Stream with no audio

Hi,

I have setup my Wowza to take in live stream from RTSP web camera and I can view the output RTMP stream on VLC player.
    But the same RTMP stream on my Wowza Test Player show only black screen when playing (Status: Started playing camera1.stream).
    Is it because the source Audio is empty / non-supported?
    Both cameras below are showing black screen on RTMP streaming.
    Please advise.

I'm using Wowza Streaming Engine: 4.1.2

Camera 1 log:
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/_definst_/camera1.stream]: Video codec:H264 isCompatible:true
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/camera1.stream]: Add chunk: id:1 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/64/2 duration:10103

Camera 2 log:
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handlePacket[live/_definst_/camera6.stream]: Video codec: H264
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handlePacket[live/_definst_/camera6.stream]: Audio codec: G711_ALAW
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/camera6.stream]: Add chunk: id:1 mode:TS[H264,G711_ALAW] a/v/k:0/225/9 duration:9000

Hi,

Please take a look at the How to specify per-stream settings in .stream files forum article which describes how to specify per-stream settings in .stream files to override those in the application configuration for the stream.

Please enable the rtspFilterUnknownTracks, rtpIgnoreProfileLevelId and rtpIgnoreSPropParameterSets. In some cases, for some IP cameras, these settings can help with the playback of RTMP streams. Let me know if that works in your case.

Also, G711 audio is only supported for Transcoding through the Wowza Transcoder.

Regards,

Salvadore