Wowza Community

Streaming From Wowza To Set Top Box

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the Wowza settings to send a live stream from Wowza to a set top box via IPTV? I have read some of the tutorials and from my limited understanding I need to use an RTSP stream with some modifications to the application xml file. This is where I am getting stuck as I have no experience of editing xml files or how they are constructed and used by Wowza.

I have created a live application within Wowza, connected it to an incoming stream from Wirecast and can view the live stream in the Wowza test players. The next part of the workflow is to send the live stream from Wowza to a set top box which is where I am stuck.

Any help most appreciated.

Hi,

Welcome to the Wowza forum.

If you’re able to play the stream using the Test Players in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager then you’re successfully streaming to Wowza. To playback using a set-top box (STB) this will be dependent on the STB itself.

Some STB’s require a MPEG-TS output from Wowza which cab be done using the guide below.

How to generate and control MPEG-TS output for set-top boxes

I recommend testing playback using VLC player as this is a very useful tool for testing with as it supports RTSP, RTMP and Apple HLS protocols.

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

Welcome to the Wowza forum.

If you’re able to play the stream using the Test Players in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager then you’re successfully streaming to Wowza. To playback using a set-top box (STB) this will be dependent on the STB itself.

Some STB’s require a MPEG-TS output from Wowza which cab be done using the guide below.

How to generate and control MPEG-TS output for set-top boxes

I recommend testing playback using VLC player as this is a very useful tool for testing with as it supports RTSP, RTMP and Apple HLS protocols.

Regards,

Jason

Jason,

Thank you for the reply.

The article you linked to is the one that I read, it contains instructions on how change the application.xml file to enable MPEG-TS output from Wowza to a set top box. As I stated in my original post, I am not sure how to edit the xml file to get the correct settings. My need is for some precise technical assistance as I have no experience with xml files. For example, I am not sure what I do with the , do I edit this to the name of my stream?

forceMPEGTSOut

true

Boolean

rtpWrapMPEGTS

true

Boolean

If this particular sub forum is not the best place to ask for technical help can you please let me know which is the best sub forum to place my request?

Thx