Wowza Community

Wowza Live Stream Visible on Local Network But Not Over Internet ?

Hi,

Would anyone please be able to help me with the settings to get my Wowza live stream to broadcast over the internet?

I have got it setup so that I can view the stream in VLC Player via rtsp on other computers on my local network but it is not visible to external computers via the internet. I asked a friend to connect from an external location over the internet and they got messages saying access was unavailable. I have got port 1935 open and the stream is running OK so it looks as though it might just be some configuration settings?

Do I need to have Wowza installed on a web server to publish the live stream over the internet? I have it installed on a local PC that is on my local network without any software such as Apache web server running?

Hello,

Running a separate Web Server such as Apache is not required.

If your server is using a private IP range, 100.64.x.x - 100.127.x.x, 172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x, 10.x.x.x, or 192.168.x.x this could be the issue. In order for Internet viewers to see your server, you may need to enable port forwarding on your router or assign your server a publicly routable IP address.

Best regards,

Andrew

Hi,

Does the RTMP playback URL work?

rtmp://86.135.xxx.xxx:1935/live/feedstream

Zoran

Hello,

Running a separate Web Server such as Apache is not required.

If your server is using a private IP range, 100.64.x.x - 100.127.x.x, 172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x, 10.x.x.x, or 192.168.x.x this could be the issue. In order for Internet viewers to see your server, you may need to enable port forwarding on your router or assign your server a publicly routable IP address.

Best regards,

Andrew

Andrew,

Thank you for your reply.

My local network computer running Wowza has local IP address of 192.168.1.9 and I have assigned port forwarding on my router so that all external requests from the internet to port 1935 are directed to this local IP.

When I gave an IP to a friend for testing over the internet I gave them my publicly visible IP address of 86.135.xxx.xxx and port number 1935. I asked them to try to connect using VLC Player using the network address of rtsp://86.135.xxx.xxx:1935/live/feedstream I also made sure they had configured the VLC Player for RTP over RTSP (TCP) but they could not connect.

I have also opened up port 1935 in my software firewall on the computer running Wowza to allow incoming requests.

Thx

Hi,

Does the RTMP playback URL work?

rtmp://86.135.xxx.xxx:1935/live/feedstream

Zoran

Do you mean does it work in VLC Player on a remote computer? I have not tried it, I have only tried the rtsp://… in VLC Player over the internet.

Hello guys

i had done port forwarding successfully, here is detail of configuration

application name : Wowza
internal port: 1935
external port: 1935
protocol: Both(UDP&TCP)
ip address: my local machine ip address.

Now i am trying to play my video via mobile which is connected on the same network by accessing ([my local machine ip address:1935]/vod/mp4:sample.mp4) in mobile browser but it show me the message like “Wowza streaming engine for trial edition(expires : Apr 28, 2018) 4.7.4 build 21380”,

ideally it should play video.

Can you please help me how to play my video in my mobile browser? Thank you in advance.

Hello Bandish,

You appear to have the port forwarding correct if you’re seeing the WSE version info. The playback URL you’ve mentioned is missing the playlist/manifest info. For HLS this would be as follows:

**http://[**my local machine ip address:1935]/vod/mp4:sample.mp4/playlist.m3u8

This should playback directly in Safari or using a player.

Best regards,

Andrew

no its not woring on public ip