Wowza Community

Dynamic Load Balancer and JW Player HLS

Hi

I’m using load balancer 4 and works fine, but I really need to use in Jw player HLS

I tried this code and works fine for PC, but in iOS I got this error “No playable source found”

<div id='playerjxJRqLMFuJaA'></div>
<script type='text/javascript'>
    jwplayer('playerjxJRqLMFuJaA').setup({
        androidhls: true,
    file: "http://[Load-Balancer-IP]:1935/redirect/live/[stream-name]/loadbalancer.smil",
        controls: 'true',
        title: 'Señal en Vivo',
        width: '640',
        height: '360',
        aspectratio: '16:9',
stretching: 'fill',
        autostart: 'true',
        primary: 'flash',
        sharing: '{}'
    });
</script>

I know

http://[Load-Balancer-IP]/redirect/live/

[stream-name]?scheme=m3u8 is not supported by JW Player but Is there any way that I can use a single player to deliver the streaming for all devices with Load Balancer ?

.m3u8 in JW Player works fine for PC, Adroid and iOS but now that i’m using Load Balancer I found this problem

Thks

Hello there.

HTTP clients are redirected using the HTTP 302 response status code. Your client must support the HTTP 302 code for load balancing to work. RTMP clients that use HTTP requests must support the

returned XML.

JW Player does not currently support HTTP redirection, so you can’t use the “scheme=m3u8” to playback redirected Apple HLS streams in JWPlayer.

For JW Player, you should use the RTMP XML redirection mechanism implemented by the Load Balancer. After your request hits the load balancer, it will produce a SMIL formatted response that can be used by JW Player.

Please be sure you are using the latest version of the Load Balancer, as there was a recent fix for an issue with the SMIL format returned by the load balancer which is causing the JW Player not to play back the redirected stream.

A fix for this problem was released in the latest Load Balancer 4 addon package. The instructions on how to correctly use it are also provided in the uers guide document delivered in the ZIP package.

You can find the download link for the latest Load Balancer 4 addon package in the Dynamic Load Balancing for Wowza Streaming Engine forum article.

Regards,

Salvadore