Wowza Community

Path to recorded files

Hello there,

I have the option set to record live streamed files, and it is working. I can see the .mp4 files in the /content/ directory.

I would like to setup my JWPlayer instances to be able to playback these recorded files on demand. Is the /content/ folder publicly accessible? If so, what path should I use to access these files in the player?

If it is not accessible, do you recommend that I:

• Change the settings in the manager to record these to a different location (e.g. an S3 bucket (is this possible))

• Set up a script to copy these recorded files to a different location (S3, my server, whatever)

• Make the directory accessible, which I believe is possible using instructions in the EC2 user docs

Thanks!

Hi,

The content folder is the default location for playback in a vod application.

You should, for example, be able to playback as an RTMP stream in JW player with the following URL syntax:

rtmp://WowzaIPaddress:1935/vod/MyRecordedFile.mp4

Daren

Hi,

Actually /vod/ is the application, and the vod application is configured by default to find files in the [install-dir]/content folder.

Daren

Ah ok, so the /vod/ directory basically points to the /content/ directory, then? Thanks for the pointer, I’ll check it out and report back!

—Peter