Wowza Community

JWPlayer - Multiple instances on one page connecting to WOWZA streams

Hello,

I am creating multiple JWPlayer instances (.setup) on my page (4 instances).

Each JWPlayer connects to multiple WOWZA streams (Each stream then further connects to different IP Camera URLs)

Out of 4 cameras, there are two IP cameras which streams the same things/area via WOWZA to JWPlayer.

For these two IP cameras; I see that there is a delay in the two streaming - That is camera#2 shows the same picture 3 to 4 seconds after (delay) camera#1 shows the stream (latency)

I have kept the bufferlength to 0.1

Is there any configuration missing on either of WOWZA or JWPlayer. Have anyone experience this issue earlier?

Please advice/suggest.

Amit,

Can you please submit a support request (referring to this forum post) and send us a copy of the following folders as a .zip to support@wowza.com

[wowza-install-dir]/conf

[wowza-install-dir]/logs

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

We would like to take closer look at your configuration and log files and get a better understanding of what is happening on your server and why you are noticing this behavior.

Also, please include URLs for us to test your ip cams on our servers. Wowza will not “sync” the two streams, but if they are in the same location on the same network with the settings on the cameras, we want to see if we can help you find better results.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mac Hill

Wowza Technical Support Team

Hello Mac,

Unfortunately the Cameras URLs are pretty much confidential and I could barely share them.

But here is what I did -

1. I executed the same web page on two different machines at the same time

2. Verified the pictures/streams coming on the cameras on both the PCs (and compared them)

Observations - Even on these two different PCs it showed a latency (Delay in streaming pictures on 1 PC than other for the same camera)

Based on my knowledge; therefore I am concluding there needs to be some settings on WOWZA which I am missing and JWPlayer looks to be safe.

May I kindly request you to let me know the config/logs settings which you would want me to share. I can share that after some sensitization. Sharing the entire files is a little challenging considering the size and confidentiality constraints. I hope you understand :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Amit,

Can you please submit a support request (referring to this forum post) and send us a copy of the following folders as a .zip to support@wowza.com

[wowza-install-dir]/conf

[wowza-install-dir]/logs

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

We would like to take closer look at your configuration and log files and get a better understanding of what is happening on your server and why you are noticing this behavior.

Also, please include URLs for us to test your ip cams on our servers. Wowza will not “sync” the two streams, but if they are in the same location on the same network with the settings on the cameras, we want to see if we can help you find better results.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mac Hill

Wowza Technical Support Team