Wowza Community

JWPlayer and ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2 , the link in jwplayer does not work, why?

My stream was running fine without password, then I use ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2

The publish part with Flash is successful using username and password with the module. Now I am on the playing part with JW Player.

In JWPlayer script, I use this link

rtmp://link/appname**?username=user1&password=user1pass**/mp4:dev_one

The above link does not work. I got the error: Error loading stream , Could not connect to server. What can I do for this to work ? The username and password that I entered is correct.

Hi,

Have you tried using this playback URL?

rtmp://link/appname/mp4:dev_one?username=user1&password=user1pass

Zoran

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

For future reference, can you post the playback URL you were using so that other forum users might benefit from your findings?

Thank you,

Zoran

I tried the link you gave also , but it did not work either. The same error appeared : Error loading stream , Could not connect to server. I want to state again that the Flash publisher using Action Script is successful using these username and password. I can see there is one incoming stream in the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager.

The link should have the format that the tutorial ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2 mention appname/?username&password/mp4:…

VLC can play this link --> this link works , but JWPlayer and videoJS, both can not play this link ??? (Note: I have tried JWPlayer and videojs with sample links, and they worked.)

Please help me to resolve this. Thank you.

I found out the solution for JWPlayer, for VideoJS probably there will be a fix because of the way they separate connection and stream with the first &.

For JWPlayer, the / before the mp4: has to be removed to run. For VLC , the / has to be there to run.

THe RTMP link for JWPlayer is rtmp://wowzaadd:1935/appname/?username&passwordmp4:… (note there is no / between password and mp4)

The RTMP link for VLC is rtmp://wowzaadd:1935/appname/?username&password/mp4:…

For VideoJS, currently there is no way because videojs separates connection and stream with the first &.

THe RTMP link for JWPlayer is rtmp://wowzaadd:1935/appname/?username&passwordmp4:… (note there is no / between password and mp4)

The RTMP link for VLC is rtmp://wowzaadd:1935/appname/?username&password/mp4:…

For VideoJS, currently there is no way because videojs separates connection and stream with the first &.

Thank you very much!