Wowza Community

Wowza Streaming Engine Manager Account Character Restrictions?

Hello:

I am using OS X Yosemite and running the installer, i ran into issues using characters like “)” in the password. I have looked around and couldn’t find any documentation on character restrictions for the manager account name or password. Are there restrictions? Or is this an issue with the Wowza Configuration application on OS X? I just keep getting an error, “invalid password”.

Hello,

Yes, there are restrictions on the usable characters for the admin password field. Valid characters include [A-Za-z0-9-).@].

These restrictions do show in the Windows installer but not in the Mac installer. I will forward your comments on to our feature request backlog for review.

Best regards,

Andrew

Hello,

Yes, there are restrictions on the usable characters for the admin password field. Valid characters include [A-Za-z0-9-).@].

These restrictions do show in the Windows installer but not in the Mac installer. I will forward your comments on to our feature request backlog for review.

Best regards,

Andrew

Strange “)” is valid but “(” isn’t.

Just an update to this question, the installer for Wowza Streaming Engine 4.2 will include the “Valid characters” message. This update will is expected to be released soon.

Best regards,

Andrew