Thread: Wowza 4.2.0 linux installer change

Default Wowza 4.2.0 linux installer change

Good day folks!

Release 4.2.0 which happened recently seems now not available with linux ".tar.bin" installer which was very handy. There is a new one "-installer.run" which seems to be fully binary object.

Is there any way to extract contents from new installer without manually running it? I am asking because in out company we do wowza re-packaging to debian package and it was pretty easy with an older version of installer.

Maybe there is any little cache you make it back available?

Quote Originally Posted by ykhrustalev View Post
    Good day folks!

Release 4.2.0 which happened recently seems now not available with linux ".tar.bin" installer which was very handy. There is a new one "-installer.run" which seems to be fully binary object.

Is there any way to extract contents from new installer without manually running it? I am asking because in out company we do wowza re-packaging to debian package and it was pretty easy with an older version of installer.

Maybe there is any little cache you make it back available?

This is really a bad change for us as we were using chef to install wowza on our servers, with the assumption that we had a debian package, can we get a debian package or some instructions how to automate the installation?

bump!

Hi,

This is really a bad change for us as we were using chef to install wowza on our servers, with the assumption that we had a debian package, can we get a debian package or some instructions how to automate the installation?
    Do email sales@wowza.com using an email address that is listed as a support contact and include a reference to this post to receive instructions.

I will update this thread with additional information regarding this topic.

Michelle