Wowza Community

how can mpegts stream with Closed Caption EIA-608 survived in transcode workflow?

Hello,

i hava MPEGTS stream source with Closed Caption EIA-608, and i configure the “CEA-608 captions in live streams” follow this page https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-configure-closed-captioning-for-live-streaming, then transcode it with quicksync and publish it using HLS, i wonder is there Closed Caption existed in the HLS stream? because i captured the hls ts file, and found no CC.

so can EIA-608 CC survived in transcode workflow? if it’true, how can i configure it and is there some wrong i saved the hls ts to find CC?

Hi,

Is the source stream already H.264 video? If so then it should be passed along into the resulting transcoded stream.

If the source is another video format, such as MPEG-2, then the CC is not handled, as there isn’t currently a mechanism

to extract the CC from the MPEG2 video and provide that in the resulting H.264 transcoded stream.

Daren

Hi,

Right the transcoder can’t extract the CC from the MPEG-2 video stream.

I’ll pass along your interest in this to our product Management team.

Daren

Hi,

You interest is noted and will also be passed along.

Daren

Hi,

thanks for you reply!

the source is ATSC MPEG TS stream(mpeg-2+ac3), so under this situation,wowza can’t digest the CC,and it will be discarded through the transcoder?

if so it’s there any plan to adding the feature?

Hi,

Right the transcoder can’t extract the CC from the MPEG-2 video stream.

I’ll pass along your interest in this to our product Management team.

Daren

Please pass along my interests as well. I really need to be able to stream HLS and HDS with captions from an ATSC mpeg-ts source.

thank you.