Wowza Community

Setting up streaming perimeters from config files

Hey all First time posting here. So I have an issue where I have a web GUI that has embedded viewers for each wowza stream I set up. With it you put in the connection/stream info and hit update and it will propagate the StartupStreams.xml (and other required files) and execute a wowza restart. The effect is all the streams update with any new info that you entered and you can view in real time the connected content. this is currently running fine under wowza 3.6 and I am trying to port it to wowza 4.X. This has not been a smooth process but I have gotten it to the point where I can set up a .stream file and Create the StatupStreams.xml correctly. I am having a small list of issues after that point however

1. The Wowza Outgoing video stream is not getting set up correctly. In the old version 3.6 I used a file called multicastmap.txt but that is not in the new version. The contents of my wowza 3.6 multicastmap.txt build looked like this:

stream24.stream={name:stream24.stream,stream:239.11.8.231:9000,isRTPWrapped:false}

I did find the PushPublishMap.txt and was trying to figure out if that was doing the same thing but so far none of the tests I have run have worked. Here is what I have in the PushPublishMap.txt file:

Push Publishing Map file, format:

format:

[src-stream-name]={Profile:[profile], [additional-configuration-items]}

#myStream={profile:“rtmp”, streamName:“myStreamRTMP”, host:“localhost”, application:“live”, userName:“myuser”, password:“mypassword”}

#myStream={profile:“mpegts”, streamName:“myStreamMPEGTS”, host:“239.1.1.1”, port:10000, rtpWrap:false}

#myStream={profile:“rtp”, streamName:“myStreamRTP”, host:“239.1.1.1”, videoPort:10002, audioPort:10004}

stream24.stream={profile:“rtp”, streamName:“stream24.stream”, host:“239.11.8.231”, videoPort:9000, rtpWrap:false}

Just for conveinence my StartupStreams.xml is as follows

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

live/definst

stream24.stream

rtp

Is there something that I am missing here?

1. I want to be able to restart individual instances of live that are tied to every stream from my webpage. In wowza 3.6 I would have to do a WowzaMediaServer restart witch would drop everything and bring it back but in this version if I understand it correctly there may be a way to issue a live-application# restart (or something similar) and only have to have the new/modified instance of live restart. This would be very helpful as it gets very annoying and time consuming to have to kill all my streams for one simple edit. Is this possible to do outside of WowzaStreamingEngineManager and if so how?

I have another few questions but I will leave it to these for now as these are the ones that I am just not making progress on.

Hi,

Make sure you’ve set everything up correctly according to this guide.

Do make sure you pick the right guide section for your version. Wowza Streaming Engine 4.2 just

release, and with that comes Stream Targets, which simplifies push publishing for use within the Manager UI.

There is still a section for Wowza Streaming Engine 4.1.x if you are still utilizing that version.

You shouldn’t have restart the Wowza Server to have the PushPublishMap.txt file re-read. The file will be re-read

once a change has been recognized.

Daren

Hi,

Make sure you’ve set everything up correctly according to this guide.

Daren

I am sorry witch guide are you referring to?

I am using wowza version 4.1.0.

UPDATE:

I just installed wowza 4.2 and am giving it a go. Will keep you posted. In the meantime could anyone send me a copy of their PushPublishMap.txt file so I can compare. One with some working streams would be nice in rtp.

So I have a working stream made through the GUI in wowza 4.2. In addition to this I am able to set it up by editing the files on the back end like my webpage would (do it by hand before I code it). I am able to get the files set up so that they all propagate in wowza but I have to go into the Streaming Engine Manager into the instance of live that I am using and click connect next to each of the streams that I made from the back end. Is there a way of connecting/disconnecting from a file manually (as in not using the Manager) either something that I could run in terminal (I am on fedora) or a setting in a file? I want to get it working with once instance of live before I try and give each stream a new application.

Update. I have my front end working and now I am moving onto the previously stated part of trying to get one application running for each stream. I still haven’t found a way to start different applications from the back end and I don’t even know yet if this is possible. Any help would be great.