Wowza Community

Hikvision cameras and Wowza

Hi,

I have been using Wowza for around a year now with Axis cameras and have no problems with the streams.

I am now streaming for a client and they use Hikvision cameras.

Once every day or 2 the stream stops, the picture goes blank but the audio continues.

Has anyone had the same issue or know of a fix?

The same also happens when the same cameras are streamed through Angelcam servers.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The issue may be a problem with the video track encoding on the source encoder, or in how the audio/video is aligned coming into Wowza. So that we can investigate further, do submit a support request to support@wowza.com from an email address that is listed as a valid support contact for your Wowza account. We would need conf and logs files, and URL links from you, and this would be better handled through a ticket. Please include a link to this post for reference.

Michelle

Hi,

I have been using Wowza for around a year now with Axis cameras and have no problems with the streams.

I am now streaming for a client and they use Hikvision cameras.

Once every day or 2 the stream stops, the picture goes blank but the audio continues.

Has anyone had the same issue or know of a fix?

The same also happens when the same cameras are streamed through Angelcam servers.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dawlish,

apologies for going slightly off topic. What protocol are you using to stream?

Hello,

I have the same problem with hikvision cameras “Once every day or 2 the stream stops, the picture goes blank but the audio continues.”.

Have anyone solved this problem?

Many thanks.

Hey. Did you solve the problem ? I’m having the exactly same issue as you. Thanks

Hi did you solve the issue ? I have the exactly same problem. thanks

No solution here. Still rebooting daily and pushing us towards a different streaming solution.
We don’t see this problem with other streaming server solutions we have trialled.