Wowza Community

Adding CORS with multiple domains

I got this from the Internet

cupertinoUserHTTPHeaders

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

If I have 3 domains, I want Wowza to open to. How do I do that? Thank you.

I got the answer from here: It is not cupertino but the syntax for listing multiple domains is similar

www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?644-How-to-access-documentation-for-Wowza-Streaming-Engine-REST-APIs#restUserHTTPHeaders_config

However, now back to the standard simple case , the * case , Firebug still reports error as I mention in the following post: Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). I changed all XML files (use cupertinoUserHTTPHeaders ) and restarted server. Why ?

The weird thing is that even I put that * configuration in my files. My Firebug still reports error : Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). It looks like there is no CORS header there.

Am I lacking anything here ? I changed all the Application.xml files in the conf folder and also in the conf/app folder and restarted the server.

andrew_k from Wowza Media Systems said that “As long as you are using Wowza 3.5 or above then you can add a property in your Application.xml by …”

at WowzaStreamingEngine needs CORS header sent on playlist.m3u8

Does that mean if Wowza server version is below 3.5 , this method does not work ??

I tried to look at crossdomain.xml, and it already showed allow * and all.

Hi,

For other users’ reference, we do recommend that you update your Wowza server in order to use the above properties.

Michelle

Is there any way for Wowza Server < 3.5?

This setting does not work

cupertinoUserHTTPHeaders

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing