Wowza Community

How to secure MPEG-DASH live stream using CENC without any 3rd party DRM systems ?

Hi there ,

I need to encrypt stream using MPEG-DASH CENC without the help of any DRM systems, is there a way to secure live and vod DASH streams similar to the AES-128 encryption to secure live or VOD hls streams .

Regards

Suhas reddy.

Wowza Streaming Engine currently supports on-the-fly MPEG-DASH CENC encryption (for both video on demand and live content) via the PlayReady and Widevine DRM systems. Support for other DRM systems is also being considered.

In case you have not seen this guide:

How to secure MPEG-DASH streaming using Common Encryption (CENC)

Regards,

Salvadore

On-the-fly DASH CENC encryption using key files " as i see the content of the key text file uses either of the key servers PlayReady or Widevine

Right, I was just trying to point out that the documentation says you will need to use one of these DRM systems.

Salvadore

Hey @salvadore

In the link you mentioned in all the three methods uses either PlayReady or Widevine ,in first method :-" On-the-fly DASH CENC encryption using key files " as i see the content of the key text file uses either of the key servers PlayReady or Widevine , i do not want to use any third party service ,is there is any approach to do this on Wowza if yes please give me some inputs any leads will be appreciated.

Regards

Suhas