Thread: error log confused

Default error log confused

Hi,
    In my error log file, there are many error occured such as follow:

IdleWorkerUtil: run.work : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.stream.livepacketizer.LiveStreamPacketi
    zerBase.shutdown(LiveStreamPacketizerBase.java:272)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer(MediaStreamMap.java:1269)|a
    t com.wowza.wms.stream.livepacketizer.LiveStreamPacketizerBase.checkTimeout(LiveStreamPacketizerBase.java:326)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.livepacket
    izer.LiveStreamPacketizerBase.onIdle(LiveStreamPacketizerBase.java:262)|at com.wowza.wms.util.IdleWorkerUtil.run(IdleWorkerUtil.java:111)
    I do not understand what's it meaning for, can someone explain why and when it would happened?

thanks!!!

Hello there.

It sounds like you forgot to configure a VHost-level thread pool for the load test tool?

Ensure that you have followed step 4 in the LoadTesingTool.pdf, as that's the error usually seen when that
    configuration step is not included:

Step 4. The Load Testing tool requires the _defaultVHost_ virtual host (VHost) to have its
    own thread pool. By default, Wowza Streaming Engine is configured to use a server-level thread pool. To configure a VHost-level thread pool, edit [install-dir]/conf/VHost.xml and make the following changes:
    - HandlerThreadPool/PoolSize: 60 x [total-core-count]
    - TransportThreadPool/PoolSize: 40 x [total-core-count]

Regards,

Salvadore

thanks!
    but i'm not using load test tool. in my workflow, ingest the udp stream, transcode it with quicksync and then pushPublish to adobe media server.

I think this may have been addressed in the latest Wowza release. Please update to Wowza 4.2.0.

Also, make sure your Java startup settings are default.

Regards,

Salvadore

If this does not solve the problem, please open a ticket with support.

To do so, send a zipped copy of your /conf and /logs folders to support@wowza.com Also include a link to this thread for reference.

Regards,

Salvadore