Wowza Community

QuickSynk transcoding ubuntu

hi,

I’m trying to enable hardware acceleration in my ubuntu box.

Here is my cpu (grabbed with cpuinfo)

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1265L v3 @ 2.50GHz

But I get the following message:

2015-07-27      15:42:54        CEST    comment server  INFO    200     -       TranscoderWorkerVideoScaler.init[_defaultVHost_:live/_definst_/test.stream] Multi-threaded scaling is enabled. encoderCount:6      -       -       -   253419.118       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -
2015-07-27      15:42:54        CEST    comment server  INFO    200     -       JNI:TranscoderSession.isCUDAAvailable[_defaultVHost_:live/_definst_/test.stream]: NVidia hardware acceleration is NOT available    -       -       -   253419.118       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -
2015-07-27      15:42:54        CEST    comment server  INFO    200     -       JNI:TranscoderSession.isQuickSyncAvailable[_defaultVHost_:live/_definst_/test.stream]: [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Intel Quick Sync hardware acceleration is NOT available[/COLOR][/B].

Could someone help me to setup my server?

Thanks

Hi,

QuickSync support on linux is very specific as to the kernel versions and hardware that is supported. Please refer to the following articles:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/server-specifications-for-intel-quick-sync-acceleration-with-wowza-transcoder

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-configure-quick-sync-accelerated-encoding-on-linux

Your CPU is not one that is listed as supported however, it should work on Windows. On Windows 8 & Windows 2K12 QuickSync will work when running Wowza as a service.

Roger.

Hi Roger,

So I switched to windows server 2012 with the same result…

Is there any driver to install to enable QuickSync?

My server is a HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2.

Thanks

Liilo

Hello,

You may want to update your Intel Graphics Drivers and ensure that the .net & Desktop experience is enabled on your system. Check your Device Manager in Windows to ensure that it’s correctly reporting the Intel Graphics adapter. Otherwise you may need to check your bios settings and enable the graphics adapter.

Best regards,

Andrew