Wowza Community

Wowza admin portal signin very slow

Hllo all:

Just finished installing wowza on Centos with openjdk version 1.8.0_51-b16.

Every time I try to logon to page at http://example.com:8088/enginemanager/, the signin takes forever, and when signed in, the page keeps loading. I have tried different browsers, but the result is the same.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

This can happen if the ports 8088 or 8087 have conflicts or have limited access due to firewall/iptable rules or such.

Check the [install-dir]/logs/wowzastreamingengine_access-log or [install-dir]/manager/logs/wmsmanager_access.log to see if such problems are reported.

Daren

Hi. Was this ever solved? I’m having the exact same issue with 4.5.0.

Just booted a brand new EC2 running AWS Linux and installed Wowza 4.5.0 from scratch. Everything seems normal, until I try to log in to the Manager.

Reports show no errors. DNS queries are resolved perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Helder

i dont have any issues here (with a clean or an updated server). my development server only has 1gb memory and 10GB disk. From what i can see is when you login the java process is turning my cpu to 100% for a bit, after the login its going back to normal (6%). Could it be a java issue?

im running on Oracle java 8 JDK though

Hello,

You may also want to ensure that the DNS resolving servers are accessible from the server. If none exist in your network, you may want to try using the local IP address of the server for the DNS server settings.

If you run a fresh install, you may want to make sure the previous version of Wowza Streaming Engine is not still running. If more than one instance is supposed to be running in your configuration, please ensure they use ports that will not conflict.

Best regards,

Andrew

I’m having a similar problem with a fresh install of 4.3 when 4.1.2 ran without issue. Makes administering the server impossible.

I looked at access and error log under wowza installation. It doesn’t report any errors or problems. I see port 8080 and 8087 listed in netstat -an output for all. what other logs can i chekc for any issues. I have looked at /var/log/messages which is also clean

thanks

Hello,

I would also check that you have read permissions on the [wowza-install-dir]/conf/admin.password file. This file needs to be accessed when logging into Wowza Streaming Engine Manager.

Best,

JasonT

Hello,

If logging in locally, I would also check your system resources (CPU and Memory) when this happens. Then send us a screenshot of that along with your system specs.

Best,

JasonT

I’ve experienced this many times. It’s usually after engine manager has been running for days or weeks, then I attempt to sign in, and it takes a very long time to login. It’s faster, but inconvenient, to just restart WowzaStreamingEngineManager.