Wowza Community

Recycling HD and name record

Hey!

I saw in the article that record name is set bydefault ${SourceStreamName}${RecordingStartTime}${SegmentNumber}. Is it possible to change by pattern ${SourceStreamName}${RecordingCurrentTimeOfSegmentStart}${SegmentNumber}?

And about recycling HD when the HD is full it begins to rewrite or stop recording?

Grateful now,

Guilherme

Hi,

I presume this is for Live Stream Record and not nDVR which is the forum you’ve asked this question in? You can customize the naming of the recordings via the File Versioning Module delegate. We provide examples and source for this and you’re of course free to modify or create your own delegate.

Regards,

Paul

Hi,

The file structure and naming convention of nDVR recorded files is effectively private and not something you should need to be aware of. The article you linked to is for live stream recordings. Regarding disk management this is something you would need to manage outside of Wowza, but again this can be incorporated inside a delegate using the example provided as a basis. Alternatively there are a number of OS specific tools that can be used to manage and warn about file system capacity.

Paul

Hi,

You will require a “VOD” type application to play a static file. If it is and assuming the file name_record.flv exists and is in your /content directory, then you could try prefixing the file name with flv: so it would look like

rtmp://[wowza_server_ip]:1935/dvr/flv:name_record.flv

The default Stream Prefix can be set to mp4 or flv via Engine Manager / Server Setup.

Paul

Sorry but I thought that functionality was of nDVR.

But and about HD? When full the recording is stopped or rewrite the disc space?

Thank you for quick reply Paul.

All right, Thanks Paul.

Only one more question: to playback a .flv file without one vod Application is possible?

I am trying to playback like this:

rtmp://[wowza_server_ip]:1935/dvr/name_record.flv

But I can’t open the record. Some configuration is needed ?

All right Paul. Thank you very much for replies.