Wowza Community

Control Player Embedding

The Player Embed Code can be viewed in the source code and be copied. Is there a way to control where the player can be embedded?

Hello.

Please review the Hosted Page Settings (step #4) of this guide:

Getting started with Wowza Streaming Cloud

If you don’t use a hosted Wowza Streaming Cloud page, you can either embed the player on your own webpage or use your own player. When you finish creating the live stream, Wowza Streaming Cloud provides you with the embed code and direct-playback URLs you need for those playback methods.

Regards,

Salvadore

Hello.

Please review the Hosted Page Settings (step #4) of this guide:

Getting started with Wowza Streaming Cloud

Regards,

Salvadore

I understand but my question is about privacy settings on where can the video be embedded. Anyone can embed the player by viewing the source code. I want to specify sites on which people can embed a video.

Hello,

The difficult part of any website is protecting your code. Unfortunately at this time we have no way of protecting the embed code on your website. However, I will send your request to our feature request backlog for review.

We do not have it implemented today, but could possibly look at utilizing the “hot link denial module” that we have in our flagship product Wowza Streaming Engine that would only allow the stream to be accessed from a designated domain. I honestly have no idea if this would work within the CDN architecture we currently have in place. It is a good idea to submit to the development team anyway and see what they come up with.

In the mean time, this site suggests disabling right-click and disabling copy and paste as some options to curb the theft of your player embed code.

I hope this helps.

Mac