Wowza Community

help for configuring wowza and MPEG2-TS

Hi

I need help for configuring Wowza server to send two streams, one rtmp and one udp. I am using wowza in my local network and here is my configuration. I have a computer with video capture device and I want to send the video from this device to some users in my local network, actually there are two of them. On the computer with video capture device (IP address 192.168.1.60) I have installed Adobe live encoder and Wowza server, and I am sending live stream from adobe encoder to Wowza server using rtmp protocol on port 1935 (rtmp://192.168.1.60:1935/live - name of the stream: trans). One of the users has IPTV set-top box witch supports rtmp and it works perfectly, user can watch streamed video on his TV (I put rtmp://192.168.1.60:1935/live/trans as one channel). But, the other one has Mediastar Evolution 780 set-top box witch only supports udp protocol and MPEG2-TS strems (tipically, it can be configured on two ways - udp://multicast_IP_address:port for MPEG2 stream or udp://port).

Can someone help me how to configure Wowza server to deliver this another stream or just to deliver one stream for MPEG2-TS device, the other one I can discard.

Thanks

Hi,

In order to push an MPEG-TS stream (multicast or unicast) from your Wowza Streaming Engine, you can use the Stream Targets feature. You should follow the instructions described in the “How to use MPEG-TS to distribute live streams” forum article.

Zoran