Wowza Community

Unable to Schedule Streams

Hello All,

I’ve been trying to follow the stream scheduling tutorial but have been unable to get the scheduler going. Two questions:

1. Here’s the configuration I’m using for my Test Players:

Server: [wowza ip]:1935

Application: live

Stream: Stream1

<smil>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
        <stream name="Stream1"></stream>
        <playlist name="pl1" playOnStream="Stream1" repeat="true" scheduled="2013-09-25 16:00:00">
            <video src="mp4:samples/testvideo.mp4" start="0" length="-1"/>
        </playlist>
    </body>
</smil>

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

1. For the “Reloading Schedules” section, it looks like I need to create a flash application and place the code in there. I’m unfamiliar with flash so is there a quick and easy way to go about with it - perhaps from the Manager itself? I tried using the ModuleStreamPublisherClient.zip. But running it from my mac, I have no idea if it’s actually working.

Thanks,

Saswat

Hi,

Did you place the streamschedule.smil file in your application’s content folder? Is your testvideo.mp4 file located in your application’s content folder, inside the samples sub-folder?

Did you add the necessary server listener (ServerListenerStreamPublisher) and applied the correct application configurations, as describe din the article you mentioned?

Finally, did your restart your Wowza Streaming Engine, so your configuration changes could take effect?

Zoran

Hi,

Can you open a Support ticket by sending a description of the issue you are facing to support@wowza.com

Also, please send your Wowza configuration and log files:

[wowza-install-dir]/conf/

[wowza-install-dir]/logs/

We would like to take a closer look at your setup and check what might be the problem here.

Zoran

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you got this sorted.

Salvadore

Hi Zoran, the file names and locations are correct and I’ve verified the modules/listeners have been set correctly. I’ve also restarted the engine several times, redone the steps on a new instance. But no luck :frowning:

Closing the loop on this: for some reason my Application.xml file was missing from the conf/live folder. I created a new instance and it works! (Just to be safe removed ServerListenerStreamPublisher from the Server Listeners - no idea if that had anything to do with it)