Wowza Community

Streaming using chunks of videos

I was wondering what would be the best way to stream to Wowza using RTMP using chunk of videos being uploaded to a server in real time (from a mobile or similar device)

One way I found was to process the chunks via ffmpeg and output it to a RTMP stream (wowza)

The ffmpeg docs for concat lists the following way

ffmpeg -f concat -i mylist.txt -c copy output

The mylist.txt file contains file like

file ‘/path/to/file1’

file ‘/path/to/file2’

file ‘/path/to/file3’

What I am looking is for a way to do this concat in a persistent way where the number of files can keep increasing, for example in livestreaming

I will be sending chunks of video (mp4 files) of 10 seconds each to my server and want to concat/stitch them together to output to a RTMP stream (for livestreaming)

If concat is not the proper way to do this, please suggest alternatives.

Hi,

I assume this would be possible using ffmpeg(as you mentioned) in front of Wowza. If you want one of Wowza’s authorized consultants to help you find a solution, please post your request in the Find a consultant forum.

Regards,

Salvadore

Hi,

According to the FFMPEG info here you may be able to loop the commands to buld the file lists and to create the persistence you require.

Then combine that with the FFMPEG encoding command examples we have.

Daren

Thanks for updating this post. Please let us know if you need any assistance in the future.

Regards,

Salvadore

Won’t consultant thing be paid ? I was just looking for a general answer for a idea I have

The only thing I am not getting is how to concatenate the chunks on the fly or if I can send each individual chunk to the RTMP stream

Can someone please help me on this :frowning:

Hi,

According to the FFMPEG info here you may be able to loop the commands to buld the file lists and to create the persistence you require.

Then combine that with the FFMPEG encoding command examples we have.

Daren

Thanks for the hint daren, looping seems to have done the trick, there is a slight stutter at the point of loop (10 seconds each) but working on fixing it now