Wowza Community

Problem with Youtube Streaming event

Hi! I’m trying to stream live video to YouTube by following this tutorial: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-stream-to-youtube

But streaming won’t work.

Here’s some screenshot, what i’m wrong?

Could you suggest me few alternatives to Youtube for live streaming? Thanks

Here’s my last logs:

WARN	server	comment	2015-09-01	17:11:08	-	19.195   -	CupertinoPacketHandler.handleHolder[live/_definst_/14144815.101.stream]: Invalid video/audio codec combination for iPhone/iPod: video:H264 audio:G711_MULAW
WARN	server	comment	2015-09-01	17:11:08	-   19.195	-	CupertinoPacketHandler.handleHolder[live/_definst_/14144815.101.stream]: Invalid audio codec for iPhone/iPod:G711_MULAW
WARN	server	comment	2015-09-01	17:11:08	-   19.714	-	MPEGDashWriterHandler.createChunkM4S[live/_definst_/14144815.101.stream]: chunkid: 1, There are no audio or video packets avaliable to build this chunk.

Hello,

The warning messages you have noticed in your logs are mentioning the fact that your stream is using the G.711 audio codec, which is not supported by iOS devices when playing back the Apple HLS stream.

However, Youtube Live streaming is very strict in terms of the video size used to encode your live stream and also the encoding bitrate value. Depending on the Youtube configuration you have in place, you will need to configure your live stream encoder to use the same encoding parameters as your Youtube live streaming account is configured.

Zoran

Thank you for updating this post and glad to hear this is resolved.

Salvadore

Hi Francesco,

Wowza Streaming Engine supports a number of CDN networks for content distribution. We have an article on how to Push Publish to these providers. I would suggest reviewing the article for alternatives.

Best regards,

Andrew

Hello,

Looking at the log entry provided, it appears that the “rtmp://” is duplicated on your push publishing URL (rtmp://rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com:80). Could you try removing one of these “rtmp://” descriptions from your URL to see if this helps?

Best regards,

Andrew

Hi Zoran! Many thanks for your quick reply.

Can you suggest me some (fast) alternatives to YouTube for streaming distribution? Thanks again.

Regards,

Francesco

Thanks!

Have a nice day.

Hi Francesco,

Wowza Streaming Engine supports a number of CDN networks for content distribution. We have an article on how to Push Publish to these providers. I would suggest reviewing the article for alternatives.

Best regards,

Andrew

I too have similar problems, Is the problem at my end or youtube base on the log?

My last log shows:

2016-02-11
00:00:47
comment
server
PushPublishRTMP.internalConnect[rtmp://rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com:80/live2/cinestreambarbados.vqg9-zjta-g331-9x01]: couldn't connect with host rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com
x-duration: 1343454.06
2016-02-11
00:00:47
comment
server
PushPublishRTMP.Reconnector[rtmp://rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com:80/live2/cinestreambarbados.vqg9-zjta-g331-9x01]: TROUBLE CONNECTING!! Retrying in 60 seconds. app:live/_definst_
x-duration: 1343454.083

Yeah that solved the problem, thanks