Wowza Community

Wowza REST API

Hi,

Im currently using the Wowza REST API. When creating a new application with PHP CURL

The application is created but the response is false

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>\n

\n

false\n

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Streaming Engine 4.2.0\conf\testlive\Application.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)\n

Any ideas

Im sending in:

$json->restURI = env(‘WOWZA_HOST’) . ‘applications/’ . $name;

$json->name = $name;

$json->appType = ‘Live’;

$json->clientStreamReadAccess = “*”;

$json->clientStreamWriteAccess = “*”;

$json->description = ‘DESC’;

$json->streamConfig = new stdClass();

$json->streamConfig->restURI = ‘http://localhost:8087/v2/servers/defaultServer/vhosts/defaultVHost/applications/testlive/streamconfiguration’;

$json->streamConfig->streamType = ‘live’;

Hi,

Im currently using the Wowza REST API. When creating a new application with PHP CURL

The application is created but the response is false

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>\n

\n

false\n

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Streaming Engine 4.2.0\conf\testlive\Application.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)\n

Any ideas

Im sending in:

$json->restURI = env(‘WOWZA_HOST’) . ‘applications/’ . $name;

$json->name = $name;

$json->appType = ‘Live’;

$json->clientStreamReadAccess = “*”;

$json->clientStreamWriteAccess = “*”;

$json->description = ‘DESC’;

$json->streamConfig = new stdClass();

$json->streamConfig->restURI = ‘http://localhost:8087/v2/servers/defaultServer/vhosts/defaultVHost/applications/testlive/streamconfiguration’;

$json->streamConfig->streamType = ‘live’;

Nevermind. Found the issue streamconfig restURI was fault…

I do have another question. When setting the application everything goes fine. But the application is already created with that name. I don’t get a JSON back. But instead I get an XML back with the error code. Is this normal behavior or is it me doing something

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>4.2.0409The request could not be completed due to a conflict with the current state of the resource"

Thanks Matt,

Is it already in the 4.2.0.01 build? or coming up in a future release?

Hello

We are aware of the issue that results in an XML error response upon requesting a json content type. Please look out for our next release as it should contain the update that will honor the requested return type (in this case json) for these errors.

Thanks,

Matt