Thread: Encrypt MPEG-DASH track separately

Question Encrypt MPEG-DASH track separately

Hi,

How can I use different encryption key for each MPEG-DASH tracks?

For example:
    - key for audio track
    - key for video track

And even better, how to inspect the resolution of current stream so encryption key specific for HD content could be used.

I could not find a way to make it work with:

PHP Code:
    public void onHTTPMPEGDashEncryptionKeyVODChunk(HTTPStreamerSessionMPEGDash httpSessionIHTTPStreamerMPEGDashIndex indexCencInfo cencInfolong chunkId
    Best Regards,
    Chaiwat

Hello Chaiwat

Currently we only support per session encryption. Please see the following for further implementation level details.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

So per-session encryption is using the same key for both video and audio tracks, right? (I saw a single call to "onHTTPMPEGDashEncryptionKeyVODChunk" method for each session).

Do you have any plan to support different key for each track? Since Widevine provides HD, SD, and AUDIO key.

Best,
    Chaiwat

Hello Chaiwat

The per track encryption is now in our backlog list. There is no timeframe for its inclusion, however.

One thing you did mention was that you'd like to inspect the resolution of the current stream such that encryption key is specific for HD content etc. Since you are defining the source stream names, you could filter on the source stream name in onHTTPMPEGDashEncryptionKeyVODChunk api event handler and provide the corresponding key by it.

Thanks,

Matt

Any update on this issue?

Widevine is enforcing usage of different track keys for audio and video tracks (see more), so it's more relevant now.

Widevine would like to reinforce our recommendation of using separate content keys to encrypt each video and audio track. In particular, the emphasis is on using separate content keys for each SD, HD, UHD and Audio stream.

Hi,

There is no update to this backlog feature request. I have passed on your interest. Thanks for the feedback.

Regard,
    Andy_E