Wowza Community

Wowza Record all incoming streams

Good afternoon!

How can we change file template for all recording files? I check Record all incoming streams in application config & restart it. If I publish stream with name camera1 wowza will write camera1.mp4 file. It’s good. if file exist wowza will write with segmentation camera1_0.mp4. it’s not good. How to add to name of the stream unixtime for example? Or how to disable this segmentation?

And second question: I don’t undestand this logic. If i stream firstly the stream with name camera1 for ex. wowza write camera1.mp4. second time, wowza rename first file {filename}_0.mp4 and last will be written as camera1.mp4 . It’s very strange.

And plus, why wowza create 2 files: camera1.mp4 (write all data in it) and camera1.mp4_tmp with zero size? I don’t know how monitoring end of recording in function. If all data write in tmp file I can use some action on event on_modify in filesystem.

Can i change it? Thank you and will be waiting for an answer.

Hi,

The “Record all incoming streams” option doesn’t allow you to set a custom naming or versioning template.

You can use the LiveStreamRecordAutoRecord example which uses IMediaStreamActionNotify3 and modify this as required or use the code provided to move and rename recordings which can also be edited as needed.

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

For streams which are ingested by pulling the source with a .stream file you can either copy the streams to another application using ModuleDuplicateStreams and record them in the new application or publish them to a new application configured to record them using Stream Targets. For authentication you can remove the default username/password for RTMP authentication and use ModuleSecureURLParams.

Regards,

Jason

Hello,

another Question to be sure about that issue. We test with Makito X that is abviously not able to send rtmp to wowza because it cannot specify an application. So the only option there is ts over udp to WowzaStreamingEngine and a .stream file with content udp://0.0.0.0:PORT. That works as expected but it does not automatically record anything when a stream is present. Is there a way to make that happen or is it not possible with .stream files?

Update

MakitoX is working with RTMP to wowza but only without authentication so far.

Regards

Miguel

JasonH, thank you a lot! I will try!