Wowza Community

Using two different FMLE encoders for a live backup workflow

Hi, how to configure Wowza to automatically ingest a backup live rtmp stream using a secondary FMLE Encoder on the same Live HLS/cupertino configuration? This is a possible scenario: I have two live encoders on two different machines. The primary encoder freezes because an hardware error, the wowza livestreaming automatically ingest the backup stream without almost any client issue.

Is it possible something like that with Wowza?

Thanks

Hi,

One way you can do this is to send both of the FMLE streams in with different stream names, then use this loop-until-live module work flow.

In this case the backup live stream would be the looped schedule stream (in place of the usual mp4 looped file), and the primary live stream would be the actual live source. The primary would always override the secondary, then when the primary goes away, the secondary will take over and the stream name would stay the same.

Daren

Hi,

Make sure you setup the scheduler

and add the backup live stream to the scheduled play list. That would be Stream1 in the scheduler (you can rename that if you like). Then add that stream name to the loopUntilLiveOutputStreams property. When you send in the backup stream, that will stream constantly until you start the primary stream.

The primary stream should take over and continue to stream. Then when the primary stream goes away for some reason, the secondary stream will be switched in.

Daren

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I add the loop-until-live module to my live application and I configured the property using loopUntilLiveSourceStream with my primary stream and loopUntilLiveOutputStream with my backup stream. Then? I need to create a smil or what?