Wowza Community

RTSP issue after upgrade

I upgraded (using the upgrade process) from 4.0.1 to 4.2.0.01 to fix the Diffie-Hellman issue as protocols and cipher suites were not sticking in the older version. After the upgrade the protocols and cipher suites did stick but now RTSP streams are broken. If I roll back the update then RTSP streams work again. Either this is a bug in the new version, upgrade process or I am just missing something. The error is below and it repeats many times for a single request. I have tried both audio only mp4 and video mp4 and the same error. HLS streaming is working fine. I am thinking of trying a fresh install of the new version. Any ideas would be appreciated because currently both versions are causing us problems.

ERROR server comment 2015-09-14 10:27:01 - - - - - 134.383 - - - - - - - - RTPPacketizerMPEG4AAC.handleAMFPacket : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.rtp.packetizer.RTPPacketizerMPEG4AAC.handleAMFPacket(RTPPacketizerMPEG4AAC.java:77)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.rtp.RTPPlayer.playAll(RTPPlayer.java:871)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.rtp.RTPPlayer.play(RTPPlayer.java:959)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.rtp.RTPPlayer.play(RTPPlayer.java:974)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.live.MediaStreamLivePlayAbstract.play(MediaStreamLivePlayAbstract.java:33)

Hi Jason. Yes, I would try a fresh install of the latest version. If the problem persist, please open a ticket with the support team by emailing a zipped copy of your /conf and /logs folders to support@wowza.com

Regards,

Salvadore

Hi,

This is an issue with the 4.2.0.01 and has been fixed in a new updater (4.2.0.02).

Anyone having this problem should open a support ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com and link to this thread for reference.

You will be provided with the new updater via the support ticket to resolve the problem.

Regards,

Jason

Jason, thanks for the update and glad you got this sorted.

This is the first I have heard about this particular issue. If more users have the same type of issue I am sure this will be looked into.

Regards,

Salvadore

After the clean install everything is working. I guess something is wrong with the “upgrade” process.

I see the same errors after upgrading our servers.

ERROR server comment 2015-09-16 09:47:14 - - - - - 506.179 - - - – - - - RTPPacketizerMPEG4AAC.handleAMFPacket : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.rtp.packetizer.RTPPacketizerMPEG4AAC.handleAMFPacket(RTPPacketizerMPEG4AAC.java:77)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.rtp.RTPPlayer.playAll(RTPPlayer.java:871)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.rtp.RTPPlayer.play(RTPPlayer.java:959)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.rtp.RTPPlayer.play(RTPPlayer.java:974)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.live.MediaStreamLivePlayAbstract.play(MediaStreamLivePlayAbstract.java:33)|

Hi, I have the same problem after upgrading to 4.2.0.01. My logs suddenly grows with a lot of this lines below. Do I have to make a Clean installation?

2015-09-16 11:32:39 CEST comment server ERROR 500 - RTPPacketizerMPEG4AAC.handleAMFPacket : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.rtp.packetizer.RTPPacketizerMPEG4AAC.handleAMFPacket(RTPPacketizerMPEG4AAC.java:77)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.rtp.RTPPlayer.playAll(RTPPlayer.java:871)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.rtp.RTPPlayer.play(RTPPlayer.java:959)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.rtp.RTPPlayer.play(RTPPlayer.java:974)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.live.MediaStreamLivePlayAbstract.play(MediaStreamLivePlayAbstract.java:33)

Regards

Robert