Thread: Wowza Streaming Engine could not connect to the Internet to validate your license key

Default Wowza Streaming Engine could not connect to the Internet to validate your license key

I have just purchased Wowza Streaming Engine. I had a demo 4.1.0 version working until now but has expired.
    I have applied my new license keys but I get a message saying that they are not valid.
    I have proceeded to upgrade to version 4.2 as suggested by our partner.

Now, I get the 'Wowza Streaming Engine could not connect to the Internet to validate your license key' error.
    I see that there's an article about this: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ors-at-startup

However, all of the proposed solutions suppose that the internet connection exists. In my case, company policy prevents our servers to connect to the internet, as a security measure. How do I license my WSE without internet connectivity?

Hello there. I have seen this request in the forums before. I think if you email support@wowza.com they will be able to answer this question for you or direct you to the correct department that can.

Best,

Salvadore

Hi,

Are you able to connect to the internet using a web proxy server? In this case you can configure your Wowza Streaming Engine to use proxy server to communicate with the license server.

Zoran