Thread: JW Player and nDVR

Default JW Player and nDVR

JW Player 7 now supports DVR functions. However, their documentation says that on server side, Wowza buffer must be increased to 2 minutes. I can't figure out where to do that.. Is it within application.xml?

http://support.jwplayer.com/customer...live-streaming

Hi,

"Buffer" is such a generic term I'm not entirely sure which part of Wowza they're referring to, as there are a number of places that certain buffer values are set. From a general tuning point of view you can define send and receive buffers as explained here. Also, each application has a property defined at the top of the Application.xml file like so

<MaximumSetBufferTime>60000</MaximumSetBufferTime>
    However, they may be referring to something else (e.g. DVR recording Windows size), so I'd seek some clarification on what they mean by that.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_S View Post
    Hi,

"Buffer" is such a generic term I'm not entirely sure which part of Wowza they're referring to, as there are a number of places that certain buffer values are set. From a general tuning point of view you can define send and receive buffers as explained here. Also, each application has a property defined at the top of the Application.xml file like so

<MaximumSetBufferTime>60000</MaximumSetBufferTime>
    However, they may be referring to something else (e.g. DVR recording Windows size), so I'd seek some clarification on what they mean by that.

Paul
    They don't know much else either... http://support.jwplayer.com/customer...7?new=14409034

Does this need to be turned into a support ticket?

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Yes, it may be worth raising a support ticket with us if you have a current maintenance and support contract. Please be sure to include all of the information as listed in the linked article, and any other details that you believe may be relevant in helping us to fully understand your issue.

Regards,

Paul