Thread: Authentication from Java rtmp publisher

Default Authentication from Java rtmp publisher

Hello Wowza Team , I have been building a small publisher app using ffmpeg which is capable of streaming an RTMP stream with username and password .
    So far I have experimented with the following Authentication mechanisms in wowza server v4.1.1 , all in vain

1. ModuleCoreSecurity

My class extends ModuleBase implements IServerNotify.

My Settings in Application.xml

<Module>
    <Name>ModuleCoreSecurity</Name>
    <Description>Core Security Module for Applications</Description>
    <Class>com.wowza.wms.security.ModuleCoreSecurity</Class>
    </Module>
    Set property securityPublishRequirePassword to true
    usernamePasswordProviderClass points to my class in jar

The class checks for username and password from file (username 123456) and accepts or rejects the connection . works okay with gocoder but not with the ffmpeg url : ffmpeg -i big_buck_bunny.mp4 -f flv "rtmp://wowzaip:1935/appname/streamname?user=username&password=123456"

Error : ERROR 500 - invoke(publish): java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)|at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)|at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)|at com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFunction.invoke(ModuleFunction.java:369)|

2. ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

The class extends AuthenticateUsernamePasswordProviderBase and uses the getpassword() method to make the checks .

Settings in Application.xml
    <Module>
    <Name>ModuleRTMPAuthenticate</Name>
    <Description>ModuleRTMPAuthenticate</Description>
    <Class>com.wowza.wms.security.ModuleRTMPAuthenticate</Class>
    </Module>

Remove Module CoreSecurity
    Set property securityPublishRequirePassword to false

Again Works ok for Gocoder and other encoders but on ffmpeg url ffmpeg -i big_buck_bunny.mp4 -f flv "rtmp://usernameassword@wowzaip:1935/appname/streamname
    or ffmpeg -i big_buck_bunny.mp4 -f flv "rtmp://wwoszaip:1935/appname/streamname?user=username&password=123456" it doesnt stream

3.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2

The class extends extends ModuleBase

<Property>
    <Name>rtmpAuthenticateFile</Name>
    <Value>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/conf/connect.password</Value>
    <Type>String</Type>
    </Property>
    <Module>
    <Name>moduleOnConnectAuthenticate</Name>
    <Description>Authenticates RTMP in flash </Description>
    <Class>com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2</Class>
    </Module>

However the stream gets published even with the wrong userna,e password as mentioned in the connect.password file

I am at the end of my wits on how to enable media publishing security from my app using any of the methods / modules . Any help will be useful .
    Thanks

Hi altanai,

One of our Support staff members posted recently about incorporating user authentication in an ffmpeg URL. I hope that helps.

Michelle