Thread: Authentication from Java rtmp publisher

Default Authentication from Java rtmp publisher

Hello Wowza Team , I have been building a small publisher app using ffmpeg which is capable of streaming an RTMP stream with username and password .
    So far I have experimented with the following Authentication mechanisms in wowza server v4.1.1 , all in vain

1. ModuleCoreSecurity

My class extends ModuleBase implements IServerNotify.

My Settings in Application.xml

<Description>Core Security Module for Applications</Description>
    Set property securityPublishRequirePassword to true
    usernamePasswordProviderClass points to my class in jar

The class checks for username and password from file (username 123456) and accepts or rejects the connection . works okay with gocoder but not with the ffmpeg url : ffmpeg -i big_buck_bunny.mp4 -f flv "rtmp://wowzaip:1935/appname/streamname?user=username&password=123456"

Error : ERROR 500 - invoke(publish): java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(|at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(|at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(|at com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFunction.invoke(|

2. ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

The class extends AuthenticateUsernamePasswordProviderBase and uses the getpassword() method to make the checks .

Settings in Application.xml

Remove Module CoreSecurity
    Set property securityPublishRequirePassword to false

Again Works ok for Gocoder and other encoders but on ffmpeg url ffmpeg -i big_buck_bunny.mp4 -f flv "rtmp://usernameassword@wowzaip:1935/appname/streamname
    or ffmpeg -i big_buck_bunny.mp4 -f flv "rtmp://wwoszaip:1935/appname/streamname?user=username&password=123456" it doesnt stream

The class extends extends ModuleBase

<Description>Authenticates RTMP in flash </Description>

However the stream gets published even with the wrong userna,e password as mentioned in the connect.password file

I am at the end of my wits on how to enable media publishing security from my app using any of the methods / modules . Any help will be useful .

Hi altanai,

One of our Support staff members posted recently about incorporating user authentication in an ffmpeg URL. I hope that helps.