Wowza Community

Client info of current viewers

Does Wowza offer methods to retrieve info of each connected RTMP client, such as requested URL and source IP?

I am hoping this is possible via Web GUI or JConsole.

Else I will write a script that parses logs files…

Thank you.

Hi,

You can edit conf/Server.xml and modify the AdminInterface/ObjectList. This controls what is available via JMX and jConsole. Client & MediaStream is disabled by default because it can cause performance issues with jConsole on a busy server. If using your own scripts to access JMX then it shouldn’t be a problem because you are not trying to load the complete object list at once.

Alternatively, you could write a custom HTTP Provider to get the information that you need.

Roger.

Hello,

The only way of determining the exact server load in your particular setup is to execute a series of load tests and check the server performance.

Zoran

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the info.

When saying jConsole possibly causing performance issues on a “busy server”, can you give me an idea on roughly what count you are speaking of?

In particular, we have an i5 server feeding less than 150 clients. Do you think monitoring this on jConsole would have an impact on services?