Wowza Community

Wowza Streaming Engine Compatible w/OS X El Capitan?

Hello:

It appears there are some issues with the Wowza Streaming Engine running OS X El Capitan. I took a working OS X Yosemite installation with the latest Wowza Streaming Engine 4.3.0, build 16025 and ran into issues where the web interface would display and incoming/outgoing connections and streaming wasn’t working. I didn’t have time to troubleshoot and reverted back to the OS X Yosemite installation, but I was curious if Wowza Media Systems as done any testing with their Wowza Streaming Engine on OS X El Capitan and could state if it is or isn’t compatible?

I’m working with wowza under docker on OS X.

Works pretty well for development and doesn’t depend on particular version of OS X :slight_smile:

I understand that it is not an answer to original question but still kind of experience sharing.

No, I want to run Wowza on OS X, not use Docker via Linux VM on OS X. But, thanks for the info.

Hello,

I run my test station with Wowza Streaming Engine with versions 4.4.0 then 4.4.1 running on El Capitian without any issues and it’s known to be compatible. If you do need to be on 4.3 and want to test again, I would recommend opening a support case here. and please attach below log files.

[install-dir]/conf

[install-dir]/logs

[install-dir]/transcoder

[install-dir]/manager/logs

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-create-a-compressed-zip-file-in-windows-os-x-and-linux

JasonT