Wowza Community

Quicksync enable with E3-1285 v4???

I’m trying to find the procedure to enable transcoding QSV with this processor, can you help me with this ?.

Thank you

Regards

Hello,

According to the Intel website, it appears that this processor should support Quick Sync acceleration. With Windows, typically using Quick Sync is as easy as selecting it in the “Encoding Implementation” field of the transcoder template encoding page. You may find the following document helpful as it describes how to setup the transcoder templates to utilize Quick Sync encoding:

How To Setup and run Wowza Transcoder for live streaming

Some versions of Linux do require additional configuration to enable the Quick Sync functions. Please see the following articles for information on how to enable Quick Sync on Linux:

How to setup Wowza Transcoder Quick Sync accelerated encoding on CentOS

Configuring Wowza Streaming Engine on Ubuntu and SUSE Linux to use Intel Quick Sync

Best regards,

Andrew

In continuation of this topic I would like to ask about compatibility WOWZA Streaming Engine with next generation of Intel Xeon processors with QSV support. As stated in “Intel® Media Server Studio 2017 R3 – Essentials Edition for Linux* Release Note” https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/media_server_studio_essentials_release_notes_linux.pdf release 3 of Media Server Studio currently support:

Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v4 Family with C226 chipset,

Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 and E3-1500 v5 Family with C236 chipset,

So in my understanding products based on this release of Intel Media Server Studio will support this hardware too.

Could somebody confirm my position?

I’m looking for hardware for new WOWZA Streaming Engine installation now and I will appreciate your help/support.