Wowza Community

Loop until Live Issue

I posted this is one thread but thinking I may have done it in the wrong place so reposting it here:

I am a bit new to Wowza and trying to add this module to our Amazon S3 server. I followed the article “How to loop a pre-roll until a live stream starts.” I can’t seem to get it to work. I’m sure I have not setup something correctly but not sure where else to look. Can anyone help me with what I may be missing?

Here is what I have done so far.

I have copied and pasted the WMS- Plugins collection jar file to the lib folder on the server.

• Do I need to do anything else to install this collection to make it work?

I have added to the application 'live" the modules lines and properties for both Loopuntillive and the stream scheduler (also the server properties as laid out for the scheduler).

• Do I need to add my own SMIL to make the scheduler work and if so where?

• Do I need to do anything else to activate the modules I just added in the live application or do they just work?

• I feel I need to add something to the application.xml file to make the modules work but not sure what?

From the way I read the article, my player needs that my viewers see needs to be setup to play “Stream1” and as soon as myStream go live, it will automatically switch over.

• Is this the correct setup for my player?

Thank you SO much for any help for this newbie to Wowza!

Hello, this is a duplicate post answered here

Regards,

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore, or a Wowza op. The link to the answer no longer works, and I am having a similar issue as Tony.

Can the answer be reposted please?

TIA

Neil.

The post is over 2 years old and wowza had a new website/forum in the meantime. Maybe this can help you: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-loop-a-pre-roll-until-a-live-stream-starts-loopuntillive

i cant find the other thread either

Hi,

Reposting Sal’s response here for others:

Hello. You will need to create a server-side stream that has the video that will be used in place of the live stream. This guide will walk you though this step:

How to schedule streaming with Wowza Streaming Engine (ServerListenerStreamPublisher)

Yes, you will need to create a .smil file as described in the Loop until Live guide. This file should be stored in the application storage directory. This, by default is set to [wowza-install-dir]/content

With the default configuration setting of the loop-until-live article, yes, you will use “stream1” in the player, and publish the live stream “myStream” to override the looping file.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues with this setup.